You’ve finally done it, you’ve decided that your current home is just too large and there is just too much stuff everywhere. As you begin to prepare to downsize your lifestyle to match your new home at Mundy Mill, you might be overwhelmed by all the decisions you have to make when it comes to deciding what stays and what goes.
Here are five tips for effectively downsizing:
- Make a list all of the items you just can’t live without, and stick to it.
- Downsizing is a process, so start thinning out your items over a period of time instead of all at once.
- Having trouble imagining the size of your new space? Use the dimensions of rooms from your new home and try comparing them to similar sized rooms within your current home.
- Getting rid of more items with less sentimental value will be much easier than replacing those with memories tied to them.
- Instead of throwing away unwanted items, be sure to recycle, reuse, sell or donate.
Of course, once you have finally downsized into your new home at Mundy Mill Homes, we guarantee you will find it well worth the time. Our cozy homes come in five unique three to four bedroom floor plans that are completely customizable. Residents also enjoy community amenities including a playground perfect for grandchildren, pavilion area for family picnics and swimming pool to cool off in the summer.
The community’s Gainesville location is convenient to top medical centers, shops, restaurants, entertainment venues, recreation areas, interstates and more, so you’ll never have to drive too far.
For more information on how downsizing into a new home please call Mundy Mill Homes at 770-536-6455 ext. 1